If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best flat screen monitor for Church is then I’d recommend the Sony X800H 85-Inch TV as the best one.
One of the most basic elements of worship is the use of a flat-screen monitor. This piece of equipment is often taken for granted but it aids churches to reach the pinnacle of spiritual communication. It is how the congregation is able to follow along with the service, watch videos, view announcements, and see the lyrics. Whether your congregation is a small chapel or a megachurch, it helps members of the congregation engage with the service and community as a whole.
A church flat screen monitor can be used in services in different ways. They can show hymns and song lyrics making it easier for the congregation to praise God together. Pastors, priests, and ministers can highlight the message of their sermons with images and Bible verses, to hold the attention of their flock. Screens can even help create a mood for a worship service with graphics and images to help set the tone.
Here are the best flat screen monitor for Church we’ll be reviewing:
- Sony X800H 85-Inch TV
- LG 86UN8570PUC Alexa BuiltIn UHD 85 Series
- Hisense 55-Inch Class H8 Quantum Series
- SAMSUNG 65-inch Class Crystal UHD TU-8000 Series
- TCL 65″ 5-Series 4K UHD Dolby Vision HDR QLED Roku Smart TV
Things to Consider when Buying Flat Screen Monitors
Most of the churches today are on the lookout for either TV or LED walls to use for their church displays. What they like about them is that they are bright and sharp. One good thing about them is that they don’t require regular lamp changes, which often cost hundreds of dollars or more.
Whether you are planning a video installation or upgrade for your home church, there are things you need to consider first. Let me walk you through the basic things to consider before you make that purchase.
Size is one of the primary things you need to consider if you are planning to buy a screen monitor. Most experts suggest that you use a ratio between 1/6 – 1/10. That means that for every 6-10 feet, you need 1 foot (12″) of monitor height.
But, the basis of this is on the readability of the lyrics in standard font size on the screen. If your goal is to increase your font, you can lower this ratio to 1/20 and only use four lines per slide.
But there is one downside to this. If you are planning to play a lot of videos, they are hard to see from the back and you can’t resize them.
The need for a screen monitor depends on the way your church is laid out. You might need to use two monitors if your sanctuary is wider than it is deep. You can place them one on each side of the platform or stage where your musicians and pastor speak. It is best for this kind of set-up to use smaller monitors rather than one large one.
Related: A guide to the Best Stage Lighting for Church
Clarity will not be a big problem as long as you make sure your monitor is in high-definition (HD). These kinds of monitors are much more precise than a projector. You will notice the difference because they are easier to read.
What is good with modern flat screens is that they have a variety of inputs. You just need to pay attention as to whether or not it has HDMI inputs. One more thing to consider is whether it has Bluetooth connectivity so you can connect wirelessly. Having Bluetooth is not necessary but it could make things easier. Most computers today are Bluetooth enabled.
We know that investing in flat-screen monitors for churches is not the cheapest. But, they don’t need to hurt our budget as well. Take into consideration the needs of your church before purchase. Do not go for cheap ones but at the same time don’t think you need to have every bell and whistle. Functionality is much more essential than features.
Choosing the Best Size Screen for your Church
Visual technology is one of the most useful ways to engage congregations. Most modern churches today are integrating church LED displays into their worship as a tool to communicate messages, news, worship, and more. There’s a couple of things to consider as you purchase your next flat screen monitor. Before you make that purchase for a flat-screen monitor for your church, let us determine the ideal and minimum sizes of screens for use in worship.
The 4:3 format is already a history. Most churches today opt for a widescreen format in 16:9 or 16:10. Worship leaders prefer wide screens so they can easily read the song lyrics as they lead the people in worship.
Screen Distance to the Back Row
If your goal for your screen monitor is more than just showing the lyrics, target a screen height of 1/6 to 1/10 distance from the screen to the back row. This means for screen height that is 6-10 feet, the distance from the screen to the back row is 60 feet. On one hand, the aspect ratio determines the width.
Oftentimes, the largest screen size may be difficult to achieve in upfitting an existing building. Aesthetically, architectural limitations may need you to install screens smaller than ideal. Smaller screen size may provide less impact on the congregation especially when the lyrics are small and not readable.
If you are in the process of renovating an older, traditional worship space, make sure to create ways to blend technology with the traditional structure’s beauty. For instance, you may be required to alter the structure to mask screen housing that can be retracted at times. But, do not go for screens that are too small just because it seems fitting. Rather, look for more options so you can provide the best impact on the worship experience.
Advantages of Flat Screen Monitors in Worship Services
If you try to look around, most churches are ditching their projectors for either TV or LED walls to use for their church displays. It is because they find that using flat-screen monitors are more advantageous and affordable. I hope you find success in searching for the best screen for your church as I list some of its benefits.
1. Sharper picture – Flat-screen monitors have sharpness and clarity that projectors don’t have. It creates striking graphics, legible text, and supports the intent of houses of worship to reach the greatest number of people. When the song lyrics are clear and readable, the sanctuary is more likely to participate in praise and worship.
2. Lower cost – The cost of the initial installation for flat screens are lower compared to projectors. You don’t need to consider the throw distance, proper screen material, and appropriate brightness of the worship space when you are buying one.
3. Lower maintenance cost – Flat screens have lower to no maintenance cost at all. You don’t need to worry to clean the filters and replace the bulbs. Considering that the cost of bulbs is surprisingly high.
4. Display in high definition or ultra-high definition – One of the reasons why people prefer flat screens is the viewing experience. You can enjoy the video display in full HD and appreciate the images in more detail.
5. More input ports and jacks available – Flat-screen monitors usually have more input ports compared to projectors. They have HDMI ports, Display ports, VGA ports, and some have RCA jacks. You could easily connect your devices and stream the presentations.
The Sony X800H 85-Inch TV series has a great feature set for the price. Explore the Sony X800H series with a new world of 4K HDR color, contrast, and clarity. Upscale everything you watch with beautiful pictures, rich with real-world detail and texture using 4K HDR processor X1. Experience the advanced color and gradation of Triluminos display bringing you all the world’s vivid colors.
The Sony X800H has the full-on Android TV interface embedded in the processor for more agile performance. You could control your TV and smart home devices, easily search for movies and shows, get answers, and manage tasks just by using your voice. It is perfect with other supported services like Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Apple’s AirPlay 2, and HomeKit.
- 4K High Dynamic Range and Ultra-high resolution LED TV with Alexa compatibility
- Smart Android TV
- With Motionflow XR technology that gives less blur for lifelike motion contents
- Powered by 4K HDR Processor X1
- With Game Mode for a smoother, more responsive gaming experience
- Limited Bluetooth connectivity
The LG 86UN8570PUC model is a picture performance at wide angles. It is perfectly designed for wide seating arrangements. It has 4K IPS panels that widen your viewing angle without missing color and detail. The picture is made better, clearer, and smoother with their own a7 Gen 3 Processor. The advanced processor empowers better picture and sound with AI Picture, AI Sound, and 4K Upscaling.
The LG 86UN8570PUC is a smart, convenient hub for all your devices. It has built-in web apps to give you easy and instant access. You could speak directly into the remote’s mic to operate the TV along with compatible smart devices using LG’s ThinQ® AI intelligent voice control. They are the only TV with both Google Assistant and Alexa built-in.
- IPS (In-Plane Switching) LCD panel offers very good off-axis viewing
- A7 Gen 3 Intelligent Processor with 2-step noise reduction
- With LG ThinQ® AI that makes your TV the hub for all your smart devices
- Cinema HDR and Dolby Vision for cinematic picture contrast and brightness
- Auto Low Latency Mode for less lag and automatic setting
- It does not support any variable refresh rate (VRR) technologies
- It has a low contrast ratio
Unlock the power of Hisense H8 Quantum Series with over a billion colors perfectly expressed with ULED smart TVs. It offers an incredible, ultra-bright 4k detail with android TV for quick access to entertainment and apps. Featuring the Dolby vision HDR picture and Dolby atmos sound technologies creating images with enhanced color and incredibly immersive audio. It also has a full array of local dimming zones that deliver a superior HDR experience.
The Hisense H8 Quantum series is easy to control using the voice-enabled remote. You can also open or search for apps using an Alexa-enabled device. This series has a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty, power cable, and quick start guide.
- Quantum Dot technology to create amazing images with richer colors
- Wall mountable
- Artificial Intelligence with automated scene recognition
- Input lag is virtually instantaneous on the screen for a better gaming experience.
- It has a sleek aesthetic body with a beautiful bezel-less frame
- The viewing area is not as advertised
- Poor customer service
See the picture, not the TV in this Samsung 65-inch Class Crystal series. It has a sleek, elegant, and minimalistic design that takes you to the screen from any angle. Experience the crisp, clear picture that’s 4X the resolution of Full HD using the 4K Crystal processor. See stunning details of HDR with a wide spectrum of colors and visual details, even in dark scenes.
The Samsung Crystal TU-8000 series is a Smart TV with next-gen apps and a host of enhancements that elevate the TV watching experience. One best feature is the sleek OneRemote control that automatically detects and controls all compatible connected devices and content. Included is a Universal Guide that gives a list of curated content from broadcast and streaming channels, personalized just for you.
- Crystal ultra-fast processor 4K
- Multi-voice Assistants like Alexa and Bixby
- High Dynamic Range for stunning detail
- Auto Game Mode that minimizes input lag
- With cable storage to keep cables and wires tidy
- The Smart interface crashes every so often
- The screen is reflective, not good for daytime watching
The TCL 5-Series features Quantum Dot technology and the HDR Pro Pack with Dolby Vision. It enhances performance, delivering better brightness and wider color volume. The Quantum Dot technology provides exceptionally vivid and lifelike picture performance. The HDR Pro Pack with Dolby Vision elevates your viewing experience.
TCL 5-Series offers Contrast Control Zone technology that improves the image across individual zones. It also has an Easy Voice Control that lets you control your inputs using just your voice. This feature is available through the Roku mobile app, and also works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Superior 4K Ultra HD for the most lifelike picture
- QLED for better brightness and wider color volume
- Easy Voice Control to launch apps just by using your voice
- With 4 HDMI Inputs to connect all your devices
- Auto Game Mode for sleek action, minimal latency, and the best picture settings for gaming
- Not 120-hertz refresh rate as advertised
- Lack of audio tuning features
Churches and houses of worship are a great place to mount large, flat-panel televisions. Most modern churches are starting to move away from using projectors in the sanctuary. They opt to mount large-screen monitors on either side of the sanctuary to display presentations and videos to the congregation. Many worship leaders prefer using flat screens to show hymns and music lyrics. People can attest that they can see the images better on a television compared to a projector.
To achieve the full worship experience in your church, I recommend the Sony X800H 85-Inch TV as the best one. With its Ultra-slim wall mount design, it’s like a work of art on your wall. The HDR and DOLBY VISION bring scenes to life with striking highlights and vibrant colors. What is exciting about this model is that you could manage tasks and get answers just by using your voice. You could easily integrate your Apple devices, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa for effortless content streaming.